Here’s announcing Flash Ahead… The event that will showcase the future of the Flash platform to the Indian audience for the first time.
Date: 17th January, 2009
Venue: Lalit Ashok (erstwhile Grand Ashok), Bangalore
Time: 09:00 to 18:00
At Flash Ahead we are going to announce the selected finalists of riathon’08 and they will battle it out in an on-stage showdown of application, in front of the crowd and judges. Later in the day, the results will be announced and prizes will be distributed. You will also get to see the latest technologies on the Adobe Flash Platform.
Here’s a sneak peek in what you will see and hear on that day:
- Gumbo – “Gumbo” is the codename for the next generation of Adobe® Flex®, including both the next generation of Flex Builder™ and the next generation of the opensource Flex SDK. Gumbo delivers a long list of new features and improvements to existing features in three main themes: design and development, IDE productivity, and data-centric application development. Get to see Gumbo at work and talk to the engineers who built them…
- BlazeDS .NET – The .NET version of the Adobe BlazeDS open-source product
- Flex™ plug-in for Microsoft® Visual Studio®
- Flash Catalyst (earlier codenamed Thermo) – Adobe® Flash® Catalyst is a new professional interaction design tool for rapidly creating application interfaces and interactive content out of a designer’s wire frames.
As you create your project in design view, Flash Catalyst is representing the design as well-formed MXML code behind the scenes. Share your project with “Gumbo”, the next generation of Adobe Flex® Builder™, to add logic and back-end connectivity. Move the project between Flash Catalyst and Gumbo while preserving design and code integrity
Learn more about Flash Catalyst here.
- Astro – Adobe® Flash® Player 10, code-named “Astro,” introduces new expressive features and visual performance improvements that allow interactive designers and developers to build the richest and most immersive Web experiences. These include features like:
- Advanced Text Layout – A new, highly flexible text layout engine, that enables innovation in creating new text controls by providing low-level access to text offering right-to-left and vertical text layout, plus support for typographic elements like ligatures.
- Custom Filters and Effects – Creating portable filters, blend modes, and fills using Adobe Pixel Bender™, the same technology used for many After Effects CS3 filters.
- Alchemy – Alchemy is a research project that allows users to compile C and C++ code that is targeted to run on the open source ActionScript Virtual Machine (AVM2). You can know more about Alchemy here
- ActionScript Cloud APIs – You can see a list here.
If you are interested and have not already confirmed, RSVP at this confirmation page. See you all at the event and all the best for the submissions… If you have any questions, drop an email to email@example.com